Booking and Cancellation Policy
- To book the annual SSCE conference as a residential or non-residential delegate, you must be a member of the SSCE. Non-members may attend as visitors. To join, please fill out a membership application. This is available through the website link here. Fill out the booking application on the Conference page, check the details (dates, accommodation, meal preferences) and click the link to pay. Once this is completed, your booking will be verified by email.
- The SSCE requires that all conference bookings are paid in full 7 days after booking is made online. If the payment is not received by this time, the booking will be cancelled.
- Bookings must be paid in full by the cut-off date (30th June 2019) to receive the discounted Early Bird rate. All bookings must be confirmed by July 31st 2019. Any bookings with payment still outstanding after 7 days will be cancelled.
- Agreeing to the terms of this booking means that you will fully comply with the parameters set forth by the SSCE constitution, and the LST. The SSCE is not liable for any loss of property or conference expenditure, and registrants are responsible for their travel and off-campus accommodation arrangements.
- Anyone found acting in an inappropriate manner will be asked to leave the conference and no refunds will be given.
To cancel your booking, you will need to email the conference secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will only be issued when a written cancellation request is received before before midnight on 30th June 2019. If your cancellation request is received during between 1st July 2019 and 31st July 2019 a 50% refund of your booking will be given. If your cancellation request is received between 1st August 2019 and 9th August 2019 a 25% refund will be given. No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after midnight on 9th August 2019.
- In the unlikely event that the conference is cancelled, each registrant will be contacted directly by email. The SSCE Committee reserves the right to determine the level of refund given in such circumstances. Any changes made in scheduling will likewise be communicated through email.
- The SSCE cannot provide any refunds of membership dues paid.